Sunday 27 February 2011

Something good

I watched Forever Young on BBC 4 on Friday night. Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits was featured. He revealed that he was only 15 when they had the hit single 'I'm into Something Good'. The summer I left my junior school we were all invited to the summer fair at our new secondary school, Adelphi in Salford. The school building is now part of the University of Salford. I think it's their media department. Herman's Hermits were booked to play in the gym and they were fantastic. We were smitten with Peter Noone's boyish good looks! Within a month I was listening to 'I'm into Something Good' on Radio Luxembourg. I think they were from North Manchester. Some years later one of my friends claimed to have been 'sacked' from the band just before their successful first hit.
It's still a song that brings a smile to my face, infectiously optimistic, full of life's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment