Saturday 4 February 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

Following on from the last post, I had a couple more suggestions via Facebook, which set me off again, thinking of songs to accompany heartbreak and aid recovery.
I'm not including anything that I haven't seen performed live by the named artist. I appreciate that so many lyrics describe love lost and found, and maybe some of you out there have your own anthems and favourites for days like these.
Again, in no particular order
Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Drive in Rock and the Rockettes - Stupid Cupid ( Cathy singing like Brenda Lee!)
Smokey Robinson - Tracks of my Tears
Jackson Browne - Fountains of Sorrow/ The Pretender/ These Days and of course Take it Easy
Joan Baez - Love is just a four letter word ( haven't ever seen Dylan do it)
Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Reasons to be Cheerful - just to remind myself what life is really about!

No comments:

Post a Comment