Wednesday 1 February 2012

What Becomes of the Broken Hearted

Didn't expect to find myself here ever again. In the past I have used live music as a way of mending a broken heart, and I'm sure it will work again. It's something to do with the energy and creativity - in fact it's about using soul to mend a heart, whatever the style of music.
In the absence of any tickets booked, I started to think back over live performances I've seen that will help me through. Some are sad, and feed the melancholy - others take you right out of it.
In no particular order -
Little Feat - Long Distance Love
Curtis Mayfield - Move on Up
Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
Smokey Robinson - Tears of a Clown
Beach Boys - God Only Knows
Kinks - You Really Got me
Candi Staton - You Got the Love & Young Hearts Run Free
James Taylor - You got a Friend & Fire and Rain
Captain Beefheart - My Head is my only House
Patti Smith - Because the Night
Van Morrison - Someone like you
Sufjan Stephens - Impossible Dream
and last for now
Country Joe and the Fish - Here I Go Again
Not exhaustive, just off the top of my aching head. Remembering them feels quite therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment