Wednesday 28 November 2012

When I'm 64

Whilst I am thrilled that the Stones are still strutting their stuff,I do wonder what all the fuss is about with regards to their ages.They have proved themselves survivors in spite of the early tragic loss of Brian Jones. Many others of their generation have fallen by the wayside. However in the last couple of years I have been lucky enough to have seen some amazing performances given by artists who have been around for a long time. None of them have been diminished by age - if anything they have improved with experience. They include Ravi Shankar in his 90s,Crosby and Nash (late 60s,early 70s),Candi Staton (late 60s),Patti Smith (mid 60s)Jackson Browne (early 60s)and Leonard Cohen (late 70s). A few weeks ago I went to a local folk club with my cousin to see Julie Felix, who I remembered from the Frost Report back in the sixties. She is 74 and had just got back from performing at a Goddess Convention in Mexico! Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment